September 16, 2011

...its the cookie dough's fault.

Im procrastinating..a hundred-million-thousand-percent procrastinating. I have to go and pick up Mad from school to take her to a doctors appointment..The doctor is far far far northwest. We live deep deep deeeeeep southeast.. It sucks, I agree..one of the evils of living in a city of over a million people..but the pure greatness of having a really awesome pediatrician has always outweighed the inconveince of location, especially with the mass doctor shortages in this province....Mad was a premmie...8 weeks early because I developed  H.E.L.L.P syndrome at the end of my 2nd trimester. Its the pedicatrian the hospital send us too once Mad was finally able to come home, and 10 years later, Madi's two hundred %  fine and healthy (Thank you Universe) We rarely ever have to make this trek ... but Im still procrastinating on getting started....Mainly because Im in my jammies, covered in paint and eating cookie dough..so, Id rather..... ya know. In anycase, Ill be a responsible mother and take my baby to the Dr...eventually.....

I did finish finally..finally..finally..some sidetables for my sister. I'm all over "finally" because these babies took for-ever! Mimi gave me a pallet of colors to choose from and being the big sister that I am, I went with none of them..*smile* I tried..I really really tried, but after painting these tables with each of her chosen colors, then, with all of her colors together....I ended up going with none of her choice's..good thing she loves these now finished ...my older and wiser self just knew she would *smile*

Before:




















Annie Sloan graphite (aka: dark dark gray) and old white..with hightlights done in acrylic purple.






















Since it was a glass top, I wanted to make the view interesting, so I added the inner design...
























Ill be dropping them off tomorrow on my way out..."out" being like out-out....Like out with 2 girlfriends and high heel shoes and dinner in a fancy restaurant that doesnt just serve beer..and then afterwards even more out-out with more bevies and probably loud music and way too many people crammed in a small space. I havent been that out for years...I cant remember the order of my last time out..it was either a friends stagette party in Banff where I headed back to the hotel pre-midnight because I was yawn'in  from the events of the day and I just wanted my bed with ordered room service desert OR it was one time out in Calgary where I ended up on stage with the band singing backup for an Elvis song..clearly I have 2 extreme's when I venture out...

We'll sseeee <----musical number

6 comments:

  1. THE TABLES TURNED OUT SO CUTE. WHAT A GREAT IDEA TO DO THE INSIDE WITH THE DESIGN. VERY ORIGINAL.. BEAUTIFUL JOB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'D LOVE TO FEATURE YOUR LITTLE TABLE. I WANTED TO ADD YOUR BUTTON TO MY SITE. DO YOU HAVE ONE , LET ME KNOW IF ITS OK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren!! Thank you! I would completly love a feature! Im working on a button right now....slowly. Learning as I go..Googling when I get stuck...LOL! Hopefully, by tomorrow it will be done. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tables the black and white looks terrific! The purple is a nice added punch of color!! If you need a blog button can I recommend The Mustard Ceiling she does a great job and for a very small fee. She created a button for me :)

    http://themustardceiling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. so very cool- that pop of design under the glass is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you = for the button referral!! Im going to use her...Ive given up on making one myself!..LOL!! THANK YOU AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you all! Thank you so much for taking the time to not only read my blog, but to comment and support!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...