June 16, 2011

Landslide, Lace and Stevie Nicks

When Im painting I always always always have my ipod in my ears. I dont hear the phone, I dont hear the doorbell and sometimes, my Bunny has had to come around to the basement window to kick it so I can let her in after a day at school....Ooops. I get inspired by everything every single day..but the 2 things that inspire me this MOST is music and Mother Nature..


I saved this baby from a landfill demise. She was in perfect condition and just needed a good sanding down..She was so stuffed with 1960's swagger, I wanted a 6pm cocktail with an olive garnish everytime I looked her.

For this particular table, I was listening to Fleetwood Mac.....and after that album was done and my throat was sore from being Stevie Nicks, I stood back kinda surprised. Even tho I listen to music everytime I paint, its only sometimes I can put the connection together with the end reult...For Fleetwood Mac,.this is what was finished:


Landslide and Lace.











I painted some lace detail around her front rims with metallic silver and lined the inside shelf in a lacey paper


*flash*
I cant get good light today since its day 282 of rain and clouds and dark overcast weather :-( but I tried my best
Thank you Stevie...since clearly I can see I was inspired..a little Landslide...a little Leather and Lace maybe? ...even tho Gold Dust Women is is one of my favorites I know she aint on this piece..Mmmm...I hope to be inspired from that one soon.

I didnt even have a chance to list her for sale. As soon as I added her to my Facebook album, I got a text on my batphone screaming SOLD...I think I will forever call this one Stevie...

2 of my other musical inspriation:


Pearl Jam "Yellow Ledbetter"


Beatles "Blackbird"...The white album..clearly...LOL

2 comments:

  1. i love the color and style of this one! sooo fun and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That table shape is fantastic, I love the retro look and you have done it up a treat! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you all! Thank you so much for taking the time to not only read my blog, but to comment and support!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...