May 27, 2011

Join the Navy.

Ive gotten a couple emails from people who asked me if I found my bedroom too dark now that its navy...I have to say..I LOVE dark deep colors...I dont like white walls, or beige walls or light (any color) walls..My kitchen is a dark purple, my powder room is mat black, my bathroom a chocolate brown...so navy really wasnt anything that worried me..That being said. I have a ridiculous master bedroom. Its 2 stories with a loft, has amazing light, making choosing a dark color even easier.

My hallways are a stone gray..even us Ukrainian women have neutral hallways..


I havent decided what to paint my 2 dressers and headboard yet...



I LOVE my navy room. I was doing dishes the other day and thought to myself "I wish I could do these dishes from in my bedroom"

So, I am the wrong person to ask if a color is too dark for a space..for me, its only paint and theres no such thing...

P.S:
Here's the before:


Now, this was a  totally wrong wrong wrong shade of red that I choose for the hired painter before we actually lived here..I should have chosen darker...in the paint store, this color was perfect..in real life with these massive windows....it was more orange than a sexy red..I lived with it for 6 years because I knew I should hire someone to do this massive job..the idea of painting the 17 ft ceilings on a ladder made the Mister queezy ....then I woke up one day, couldnt stand it for another minute and started painting..by the time The Mister woke up, I was half done the cutting in..yes, thats right..I painted over his sleeping body.


Oye...it was a humungo job...everyone had to pitch in.

I love dark deep rich colors...so no, I dont find them ever "too dark"


1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 28, 2011

    I had the same model of the house when I lived in Somerset ... it was a gorgeous little castle! I wish I could afford to keep it as second home after I got married and moved :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you all! Thank you so much for taking the time to not only read my blog, but to comment and support!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...