March 18, 2011

First, I Confess

I'm sitting at Second Cup across the street from where my Bunny takes her dance class. I like this new routine...mainly because I get to have a justified cup of coffee at an hour in the day that I normally would think I shouldnt....and I like it because I get inpired by leaving my normal surroundings, so writing my blog at this change of local adds a lil more "omph" to doing it. Another thing...I eavesdrop...I know I shouldnt but when your alone at a very busy coffee shop in a small neighborhood in a very large city...I hear things that inspire me, motivate me, worry me and amuse me..Its rude, I know this, but sometimes these people talk louder than the voice in my head does....so its not *really* my fault.

Anyways,  a couple weeks ago I dragged home this:



This is my favorite style of furniture!! My very favorite! I used to have a few peices of it when I was little...maybe its nostalga love?


Ugg..flash..sorry, had to be done for one shot.

and here it is painted a deep cranberry red. Then I perfectly distressed it, perfectly glazed it with dark walnut oil, and just did my best to make it all perfectly shabby, with successs...only to plop it beside my bed and have it just not be the perfect spot for it....my bed must be abnormally high or I must be abnormally picky..I just didnt think it belonged there.


I luv it.








It found a new home even before the paint was dry. I knew it. It WAS perfect, just for someone else..

6 comments:

  1. THE ENDTABLE TURNED OUT GREAT... LOVE THE COLOR
    AND WHAT YOU DID WITH THE TOP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you at Funky Junk and had to visit to tell you how adorable this piece is, even if I am partial to red.

    Carol
    antiquetexan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did a french dresser a while back in a similar color and loved the red on the french! i love yours, too, and love the top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the curves on this!! So pretty! And the pattern on top looks great!! I nominated you for a stylish blogger award!!

    http://craptastickatie.blogspot.com/2011/03/say-what.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza's! Thanks so much Katie!! Truely appreciated!! Im off to explore your blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, I do have to say that I LOVE your blog name! Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you all! Thank you so much for taking the time to not only read my blog, but to comment and support!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...