January 11, 2011

Had I a dining room...

I hoped to finish one more piece before we leave on holidays in 2 days..instead, I was a machine and knocked out 2. Maybe because one was kinda easy...great condition piece, no hand painting required and the other one, Id thought about for so long, I actually had kind of a lil bit of a plan when I started. Its called "go-with-the-flow" with some "we'll see" on the side....I know. Weird...but also hightly effiecient!
So, here is the first piece I rescued from the clutches of wasteful people trading on beautiful, classic, solid wood pieces for Ikea press board. *Disclaimer* I'm totally just assuming, I really have no idea. If this was yours, please share with us why you choose to curb it....
Alright so, it had candle wax drips all down the front and a wee bit of chipped wood at the curvy part on the base of the front. Other than that...she was beautiful....
She's a sideboard for a dining room..with built in, felt lined Silver tray in the top drawer and everything. If I had a dining room....she'd be in it.

Stop here...I need to apologise for the crappy pictures from this point on. For DAYS, The Mister and I talked about hauling it upstairs so I could snap some pix set up in a clean-ish kitchen..but well, life happened. The Mister is working double time to get ready to take time off, our poor dog got really sick and well, I had laundry to do...so Please. Close your eye's and *imagine* this beauty in a beautiful dining room with grey painted walls..not wait, maybe navy and a vase full of bloomin daisy's on top!


Cleaned, painted, distressed, glazed

I love the cuves and the french hardware...

THEN..because I can never leave well enough alone...I went and stamped in words randomly throughout the top (after I stripped) This one is "Love" but there's also "Family", "Eat", "Laugh", "Believe" and had I kept this piece, I also would have added me and The Mister's initals with a +! I did think about using it to keep our TV on, the DVD and sterio in, but ALAS......it didnt work out.


1 comment:

  1. i closed my eyes, and i loved it with navy more than gray, or a really dark gray.... definitely a dar and cool color to really make its nice spicy warmth pop! great job! i think it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you all! Thank you so much for taking the time to not only read my blog, but to comment and support!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...